I love love love learning new makeup and beauty hacks so I thought that I would share with you guys some of them. I’ll never claim that I’m a specialist and I understand that some of the hacks may not work for yourself but it’s worth a try, right? I’m just here to help some of you guys out and hopefully you can teach me some hacks that I didn’t know as well.. Team work makes the dream work haha!
Rule number 1 which is the most important – NEVER sleep in makeup!! I’ll admit, sometimes it is the easier option when you’re tired but you’ll regret it a few days down the line when you start getting a breakout 😓.
2. Do your makeup before you do your hair. Make sure that you blend your foundation into your hair line so there’s no white patches visible when you style your hair.
3. Most people know this little tip but I thought that I would add it anyway – make sure your beauty blender is wet before you use it. This makes blending foundation easier!
4. Makeup has an ‘expiry date’ and this is shown on the back of the product. You should see a symbol of an open tub with a number inside – this indicates how long the product should be used for once it is open. For example, you may see 6M which means 6 months.
5. After putting your foundation on, get a thin sheet of tissue and put it over the area where you have just put makeup and gently blot over the tissue with powder. This helps to stop excess oil. This little tip also helps with lipstick to help it stay on a little longer.
6. If you can’t afford to keep splashing out on makeup, you can buy an eyeshadow palette that can be multi-purpose. You can use eyeshadow for your eyes, your eyebrows, blusher and contour for example.
7. To make your eyeliner and eyebrows more fleeky and neat, you can line them out with foundation and a concealer brush. This is handy incase you make a mistake when doing your eyeliner and eyebrows for example which saves you from washing it off!
8. To make your eyeshadow more pigmented, spray your eyeshadow brush with rose water or setting spray before you put your eyeshadow on.
9. If you got mascara on your face (e.g. on top of your eyelids or on your nose), wait for it to dry instead of wiping it off straight away and then scrape it off with a clean mascara wand or spoolie.
10. To reduce the amount of mascara that goes on your face by accident, place a small bit of card behind your eyelashes when you apply mascara or a plastic spoon underneath your under eyelashes.
Those are my top 10 tips – I will be doing another post with more if you guys enjoyed it!